About the event
The first Bator Tabor Contemporary Art Auction in Budapest was organized in 2005, and now we are preparing already the 17th annual event, and now for the very first time in our history we organize it online between 28 of May – 4 of June 2021. Thanks to our devoted professional jury teams we will provide this year again a great selection of Hungarian and Central European artworks. Our auctions draw more and more attention internationally, which obliges us to keep highest quality of the auction material.
The selection of the pieces is as follows:
- 55 – 60 top Hungarian artworks
- 20 great international art pieces (from artists with Hungarian and East-Central European roots)
- 10 young, talented, but less-known artists, who are not represented yet by galleries
We have 3 different jury teams working on the auction material:
- The selection of the top Hungarian artists is a result of the largest professional co-operation in the Hungarian art scene so far. With the involvement of our six-member jury Gábor Pados, Margit Valkó, Orsolya Hegedüs, Attila Pőcze, Gábor Einspach and Krisztina Hunya a wonderful Hungarian selection awaits the artlover audience.
- Carl Kostyál, Daniel Hug, Rózsa Farkas, Peter Peri and András Szántó as the members of the international advisory board with immense authority in the world of art, will be entrusted to quest for the creative activity of artists with Hungarian and East-Central European roots, living and working abroad, giving them an opportunity to participate in the Auction by presenting one piece each.
- Few years ago we launched a new initiative to invite young, talented, but yet unknown artists to apply to participate in the auction in an Open Call. Today many of them are already invited by name, but we have kept the opportunity open to newcomers to present themselves in this way. Each artist may apply with a single piece of art, possible their best one, and the jury decides about them by secret online voting. The tradition continues also in 2021 with the support of our 3-member jury: Katalin Spengler, Katalin Székely and Krisztina Hunya.
The auction is organized with the operative support and guidance of the Kieselbach Gallery, the leading Hungarian auction house and based on the personal commitment of all participating galleries and artists.
Bátor Tábor organizes an offline exhibition of the auction items, which can be visited between 30 of May – 4 of June, 2021 at Société Budapest, 1051, Sas utca 15.